For BSN and MSN courses in health promotion, and as a supplement to community nursing courses.
This book presents a strong, up-to-date foundation for understanding and building the science and practice of health promotion. It has three goals: to introduce the major individual and community models and theories that guide health promotion interventions; to offer evidence-based strategies for effective health promotion in practice settings; and to foster critical thinking about future opportunities for research and more effective interventions. This Sixth Edition is thoroughly updated to reflect the latest research and terminology. New coverage includes: the U.S. Government’s Healthy People 2020 Goals; more ecological approaches encompassing families, communities, and nations; new health promotion technologies, and more.
Table of Contents
Part I. The Human Quest for Health
1. Toward a Definition of Health
2. Individual Models to Promote Health Behavior
3. Community Models to Promote Health
Part II. Planning for Health Promotion and Prevention
4. Assessing Health and Health Behaviors
5. Developing a Health Promotion—Prevention Plan
Part III. Interventions for Health Promotion and Prevention
6. Physical Activity and Health Promotion
7. Nutrition and Health Promotion
8. Stress Management and Health Promotion
9. Social Support and Health
Part IV. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Health Promotion
10. Evaluating Individual and Community Interventions
Part V. Health Promotion in Diverse Populations
11. Self-Care for Health Promotion Across the Life Span
12. Health Promotion in Vulnerable Populations
Part VI. Approaches for Promoting a Healthier Society
13. Health Promotion in Community Settings
14. Promoting Health Through Social and Environmental Change
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Health Promotion in Nursing Practice, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$31.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-509749-6