ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For Personal Health Courses
Connecting Your Health to Your World–The Money and Technology Edition
Health: The Basics, Eleventh Edition focuses health coverage on real-world topics that have the greatest impact on your life, bringing health topics to life and keeping you hooked on learning and living well. This text addresses students’ diverse needs and learning styles with new Video Tutors and the new MasteringHealth™ Along with its dynamic new content and technology, this book retains its hallmarks of currency, excellent research, strength in behavior change, attractive design, imaginative art, and unique mini-chapters.
This program presents a better learning experience for you. Health: The Basics, Eleventh Edition will:
- Personalize learning with MasteringHealth: MasteringHealth coaches you through the toughest health topics. Engaging tools help you visualize, practice, and understand crucial content, from the basics of health to the fundamentals of behavior change.
- Cover health topics with a real-world focus: Money and Technology are two of the timeliest issues arising in health today and are addressed through the new Money & Health and Tech & Health boxes. A new mini-chapter targets financial challenges you face every day, such as budgeting, scams, and debt.
- Make health mobile: Video Tutors throughout the text present key figures or points of discussion in an engaging video. QR codes make these short videos easily viewable from a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
- Encourage critical thinking and behavior change: Learning Catalytics™ is a ”bring your own device” student engagement, assessment, and classroom intelligence system that enables your instructor to assess you in real time, improving your critical-thinking skills, access rich analytics, and more.
0321908724 / 9780321908728 Health: The Basics Plus MasteringHealth with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0321910427 / 9780321910424 Health: The Basics
0321948742 / 9780321948748 MasteringHealth with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Health: The Basics
Table of Contents
1. Accessing Your Health
Focus on: Improving Your Financial Health
2. Promoting and Preserving Your Psychological Health
Focus on: Cultivating Your Spiritual Health
3. Managing Stress and Coping with Life’s Challenges
Focus on: Improving Your Sleep
4. Preventing Violence and Injury
5. Building Healthy Relationships and Understanding Sexuality
6. Considering Your Reproductive Choices
7. Recognizing and Avoiding Addiction and Drug Use
8. Drinking Alcohol Responsibly and Ending Tobacco Use
9. Eating for a Healthier You
10. Reaching and Maintaining a Healthy Weight
Focus On: Enhancing Your Body Image
11. Improving Your Personal Fitness
12. Reducing Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
Focus on: Minimizing Your Risk for Diabetes
13. Protecting against Infectious Diseases and Sexually Transmitted Infections
Focus on: Reducing Risks and Coping with Chronic Diseases and Conditions
14. Preparing for Aging, Death, and Dying
15. Promoting Environmental Health
16. Making Smart Health Care Choices
Focus on: Understanding Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$66.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95862-4
$38.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94863-2
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94210-4
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$88.53 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95858-7
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$78.27 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94212-8