For courses in Victimology and Family Violence.
Significantly updated in this edition, this book discusses many family violence issues in a comprehensive and easy to understand format. Chapters begin with scenarios and include case studies, in-depth feature boxes and current events that connect difficult topics to real life situations. This edition features new chapters on global violence against women, adolescent perpetrators and gay and lesbian partner abuse. It contains a robust supplement package, new internet-based chapter exercises and end-of-chapter questions that address the changes in family violence, practice, policy and research.
Table of Contents
1. Global Violence Against Women
2. History of Violence in the Family
3. Research and Theory on Family Violence
4. Child Abuse
5. Investigating Child Abuse
6. Adolescent Perpetrators
7. Intimate Partner Violence
8. Gay and Lesbian Partner Abuse
9. Abuse in Later Life
10. Adult Perpetrators
11. The Police Response to IPV
12. Adult Stalking and Homicide
13. The Court Response to IPV
14. Research on the Internet
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$40.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501805-7