Companies in highly regulated industries face unique challenges in optimizing business performance and profitability while maintaining strong governance and regulatory adherence. In this start-to-finish guidebook, leading business performance consultant Hillel Glazer shows how to achieve these goals through the successful integration of lean and systems thinking. Written for operations managers, process professionals, and lean systems managers, Glazer shows how to systematically incorporate compliance into planning for overall performance, value, and profitability, rather than viewing compliance as an end in itself. High Performance Operations will help operations professionals and managers:
- Clarify the competing interests that challenge them, and implement pre-conditions for success.
- Learn how a systems-thinking approach can promote achieve operational excellence.
- Uncover the "secret sauce" that enables great organizations to scale their successes, eliminate single points of failure, and get more of "what went right".
- Define what value and operational excellence look like in their organizations, and all the costs of achieving them.
- Create solutions, establish proof-of-performance, justify investments, measure performance, and implement continuous improvement.
- Translate solutions into working policies, patterns, processes, and procedures.
Table of Contents
About the Author xx
Chapter 1 Flying a Business 1
Chapter 2 The Approach: An Overview 9
Chapter 3 The Bureaucracy of Compliance 21
Chapter 4 High Performance of Excellence 33
Chapter 5 Regulation and Compliance 45
Chapter 6 The Man Versus The Money 57
Chapter 7 Focusing on the Wrong Target 69
Chapter 8 Secret Sauce 81
Chapter 9 Value, Customer Satisfaction, Profit 95
Chapter 10 The Solution: Defining and Sustaining Value 109
Chapter 11 Operational Excellence 123
Chapter 12 Services 135
Chapter 13 The Price 147
Chapter 14 Systems Thinking and Process Engineering 161
Chapter 15 Operational Excellence, Take 2 177
Chapter 16 Sanity Checks and Fringe Concepts 191
Chapter 17 Finishing Touches 203
Chapter 18 Back to the Future: A Retrospective 217
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$59.99Add to Cart