Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
As a student taking a career development course, or a career seeker actively looking for placement...
This goal-oriented text shows you that career choice is not a single event but a life-long process. You are in charge of your career and your success. HIRED! helps you discover your own career philosophy. This book will walk you through discovering your authentic self, creating opportunities, selling your talents, and balancing your career and personal life. Students and career seekers alike are taught how to develop an ongoing, flexible portfolio of information about themselves and their work to prepare them for satisfying and productive lives in an ever-changing world.
The workbook approach and step-by-step exercises will keep you focused on the critical issues--self-developed goals, action plans, and execution of those plans. At the same time, various goal-setting techniques will help convey the importance of planning to overcome career obstacles--and increase the likelihood of career success.
Package consists of
0321943252 / 9780321943255 -- NEW MyStudentSuccessLab -- Valuepack Access Card
Table of Contents
UNIT 1. DISCOVERING YOUR AUTHENTIC SELF
1. Know Yourself: A Self-Awareness Journey
2. Charting the Future: Goal Setting and Decision Making for Life
3. Researching Careers: The Changing Nature of Work
4. Exploring Through Experience: Learning Outside the Classroom
UNIT 2. CREATING OPPORTUNITIES
5. Developing Your Portfolio: Self-Managed Career Planning
6. Connecting to Employers: Job Search Correspondence and Job Applications
7. Marketing Tools: Your Resume and References
UNIT 3. SELLING YOUR TALENTS
8. Networking and Job Sourcing: Grow Your Possibilities
9. Interviewing: Achieve Job Search Results
UNIT 4. BALANCING YOUR CAREER AND PERSONAL LIFE
10. Navigating: Your Professional Direction
11. Cultivating Meaningful Connections: Personal Goals, Work-Life Balance, and Relationships
12. Financing Your Life: Planning and Implementing a Financial Plan
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-278272-2
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-99741-8