For undergraduate courses in History, Political Science, Jewish Studies, International Relations, Foreign Relations, and Diplomatic History that specifically cover the Arab-Israeli Conflict or the Middle East.
This concise and comprehensive text presents balanced, impartial, and well-illustrated coverage of the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict. The authors identify and examine the issues and themes that have characterized and defined the conflict over the past century. The Sixth Edition examines many of the developments that have occurred during the first decade of the 21st century.
Table of Contents
Tables, Charts, and Maps
1. Palestine in the Nineteenth Century
2. Palestine During the Mandate
3. World War II, Jewish Displaced Persons, and the Partition of Palestine
4. The Proclamation of Israel and the First Arab-Israeli War
5. The Conflict Widens: Suez, 1956
6. The Turning Point: June 1967
7. Holy Days and Holy War: October 1973
8. The Search for Peace, 1973-1979
9. Lebanon and the Intifada
10. The Peace of the Brave
11. The Peace Progresses
12. Collapse of the Peace Process
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict in the Post-9/11 World
14. Perilous Times: 2005-2009
Guide to Pronunciation
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
History of Arab-Israeli Conflict, A, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-75339-0