For courses in Homeland Security or Terrorism.
Taking a comprehensive approach, this text provides an overview of homeland security and terrorism. Organized in a four-part format, it examines the foundation for homeland security, homeland security and terrorism, defeating terrorists and their activities, and Homeland Security's response to terrorist threats. Each chapter includes key terms, discussion questions, marginal web links and HS analysis boxes that encourage students to think critically and analyze current problems inherent to homeland security and terrorism.
Table of Contents
PART I: THE FOUNDATION FOR HOMELAND SECURITY
1. Introduction to Homeland Security
2. The Homeland Security Apparatus
3. Infrastructure Protection Planning
4. The USA Patriot Act and FICA and Other Statutes
PART II: HOMELAND SECURITY AND TERRORISM
5. The Political and Social Foundation for Terrorism
6. Terrorist Organizations and Threat
7. Transnational Crime and Homeland Security
PART III: DEFEATING TERRORISTS AND THEIR ACTIVITIES
8. Intelligence and Counter-Intelligence
9. Weapons of Mass Destruction
10. Cyber Terrorism and Crime
11. Terrorist Financing
HOMELAND SECURITY'S RESPONSE TO TERRORIST THREATS
12. Border Security and Immigration
13. The Homeland Security Response to Incidents
14. Policing and Homeland Security
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Homeland Security, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-801377-6