Encouraging students to observe, discover, and visualize, How Does Earth Work? Second Edition engages students with an inquiry-based learning method that develops a solid interpretation of introductory geology. Like geology detectives, students learn to think through the scientific process and uncover evidence that explains earth’s mysteries. CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
2. Minerals: Building Blocks of the Planet
3. Rocks and Rock-Forming Processes
4. Formation of Magma and Igneous Rocks
5. Formation of Sediment and Sedimentary Rocks
6. Formation of Metamorphic Rocks
7. Earth Materials as Time Keepers
8. Journey to the Center of Earth
9. Making Earth
10. Motion Inside Earth
11. Deformation of Rocks
12. Global Tectonics: Plates and Plumes
13. Tectonics and Surface Relief
14. Soil Formation and Landscape Stability
15. Mass Movements: Landscapes in Motion
16. Streams: Flowing Water Shapes the Landscape
17. Water Flowing Underground
18. Glaciers: Cold-Climate Sculptors of Continents
19. Shorelines: Changing Landscapes Where Land Meets Sea
20. Wind: A Global Geologic Process
21. Global Warming: Real-time Change in the Earth System
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$69.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67418-0