For courses in Introduction to Paralegal Studies and the Internship Program.
Whether you are beginning your career as a paralegal, changing careers, or looking to move ahead, this text will provide you with the tools needed to get in the door with the best possible results. Learn innovative job search techniques that go beyond applying to simple want ads. Refine your resume, cover letter and thank you notes using in-text samples as a guide. Prepare for interviews by reviewing nearly 100 questions that are commonly asked during the recruiting process. From updated websites to its emphasis on certification, this guide will help readers learn how to write a powerful resume, give a great job interview, and secure one’s position within the field.
Table of Contents
1. The Paralegal Field
2. Where Do You Fit into the Organization
3. Straight Talk about Paralegal Schools
4. How to Stand Out from the Crowd
5. Formats for Power Resumes: The Chronological Resume
6. Formats for Power Resumes: The Functional Resume
7. Writing a Strong Cover Letter
9. Beginning Your Job Search
10. Effective Job Search Strategies
11. After You Get Through the Door
12. Successfully Handling the Job Interview
13. Getting P aid What You are Worth
14. Wrapping Things Up
15. Congratulations! You Are Hired
Appendix A: Buzzwords
Appendix B: Legal Assistant and Paralegal Schools List
Appendix C: Legal Assistant and Paralegal Associations List
Appendix D: Suggested Reading
About the Author
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
How to Land Your First Paralegal Job, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501868-2