- Write semantic HTML, both with elements that have been around for years and ones that are new in HTML5.
- Prepare images for the Web and add them to your pages.
- Use CSS to style text, add background colors and images, and implement a multicolumn layout.
- Build a single site for all users—whether they are using a mobile phone, tablet, laptop, desktop computer, or other Web-enabled device—based on many of the components of responsive Web design, including CSS3 media queries.
- Leverage new selectors in CSS3, add Web fonts to your pages with @font-face, and use CSS3 effects such as opacity, background alpha transparency, gradients, rounded corners, drop shadows, shadows inside elements, text shadows, and multiple background images.
- Improve your site’s accessibility with ARIA landmark roles and other good coding practices.
- Build forms to solicit input from your visitors.
- Include media in your pages with the HTML5 audio and video elements.
- Test and debug your Web pages.
- Secure a domain name and publish your site.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Web Page Building Blocks
Chapter 2: Working with Web Page Files
Chapter 3: Basic HTML Structure
Chapter 4: Text
Chapter 5: Images
Chapter 6: Links
Chapter 7: CSS Building Blocks
Chapter 8: Working with Style Sheets
Chapter 9: Defining Selectors
Chapter 10: Formatting Text with Styles
Chapter 11: Layout with Styles
Chapter 12: Style Sheets for Mobile to Desktop
Chapter 13: Working with Web Fonts
Chapter 14: Enhancements with CSS3
Chapter 15: Lists
Chapter 16: Forms
Chapter 17: Video, Audio, and Other Multimedia
Chapter 18: Tables
Chapter 19: Working with Scripts
Chapter 20: Testing & Debugging Web Pages
Chapter 21: Publishing Your Pages on the Web
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$31.99Add to Cart