Intended for use with any A&P textbook, this best-selling laboratory manual features a wide variety of exercises and activities designed to meet the needs of any 2-semester anatomy & physiology laboratory course. Known for its thorough, clearly-written exercises, full-color art, and tear-out review sheets, this lab manual gives students a hands-on laboratory experience. This lab manual is available in three versions: Cat, Main, and Pig.
This updated Laboratory Manual includes access to the new Practice Anatomy Lab™ 3.0 and new PhysioEx® 9.0 It is also accompanied by MasteringA&P, an online learning and assessment system proven to help students learn.In addition to providing instructors and students with access to PAL 3.0 and PhysioEx 9.0, MasteringA&P for Marieb’s HAP Lab Manual also features assignable pre-lab and post-lab quizzes for every lab exercise, art labeling activities, and assignable assessments for PAL 3.0 and PhysioEx 9.0.
Table of Contents
Getting Started–What to Expect, The Scientific Method, and Metrics
The Human Body: An Orientation
Exercise 1. The Language of Anatomy
Exercise 2. Organ Systems Overview
The Microscope and Its Uses
Exercise 3. The Microscope
Exercise 4. The Cell–Anatomy and Division
Exercise 5. The Cell–Transport Mechanisms and Cell Permeability
Histology: Basic Tissues of the Body
Exercise 6. Classification of Tissues
The Integumentary System and Body Membranes
Exercise 7. The Integumentary System
Exercise 8. Classification of Covering and Lining Membranes
The Skeletal System
Exercise 9. Overview of the Skeleton: Classification and Structure of Bones and Cartilages
Exercise 10. The Axial Skeleton
Exercise 11. The Appendicular Skeleton
Exercise 12. The Fetal Skeleton
Exercise 13. Articulations and Body Movements
The Muscular System
Exercise 14. Microscopic Anatomy and Organization of Skeletal Muscle
Exercise 15. Gross Anatomy of the Muscular System
Exercise 16. Skeletal Muscle Physiology - Frog and Human Subjects
The Nervous System
Exercise 17. Histology of Nervous Tissue
Exercise 18. Neurophysiology of Nerve Impulses
Exercise 19. Gross Anatomy of the Brain and Cranial Nerves
Exercise 20. Electroencephalography
Exercise 21. Spinal Cord, Spinal Nerves, and the Autonomic Nervous System
Exercise 22. Human Reflex Physiology
Exercise 23. General Sensation
Exercise 24. Special Senses: Vision
Exercise 25. Special Senses: Hearing and Equilibrium
Exercise 26. Special Senses: Olfaction and Taste
The Endocrine System
Exercise 27. Functional Anatomy of the Endocrine Glands
Exercise 28. Role of Thyroid Hormone, Pituitary Hormone, Insulin, and Epinephrine
The Circulatory System
Exercise 29. Blood
Exercise 30. Anatomy of the Heart
Exercise 31. Conduction System of the Heart and Electrocardiography
Exercise 32. Anatomy of the Blood Vessels
Exercise 33. Human Cardiovascular Physiology–Blood Pressure and Pulse Determinations
Exercise 34. Frog Cardiovascular Physiology
Exercise 35. The Lymphatic System and Immune Response
The Respiratory System
Exercise 36. Anatomy of the Respiratory System
Exercise 37. Respiratory System Physiology
The Digestive System
Exercise 38. Anatomy of the Digestive System
Exercise 39. Chemical and Physical Processes of Digestion
The Urinary System
Exercise 40. Anatomy of the Urinary System
Exercise 41. Urinalysis
The Reproductive System, Development, and Heredity
Exercise 42. Anatomy of the Reproductive System
Exercise 43. Physiology of Reproduction: Gametogenesis and the Female Cycles
Exercise 44. Survey of Embryonic Development
Exercise 45. Principles of Heredity
Exercise 46. Surface Anatomy Roundup
1. Dissection and Identification of Fetal Pig Muscles
2. Dissection of The Spinal Cord and Spinal Nerves of the Fetal Pig
3. Identification of Selected Endocrine Organs of the Fetal Pig
4. Dissection of the Blood Vessels and Main Lymphatic Ducts of the Fetal Pig
5. Dissection of the Respiratory System of the Fetal Pig
6. Dissection of the Digestive System of the Fetal Pig
7. Dissection of the Urinary System of the Fetal Pig
8. Dissection of the Reproductive System of the Fetal Pig
PhysioEx™ 9.0 Computer Simulations
Exercise 1. Cell Transport Mechanisms and Permeability
Exercise 2. Skeletal Muscle Physiology
Exercise 3. Neurophysiology of Nerve Impulses
Exercise 4. Endocrine System Physiology
Exercise 5. Cardiovascular Dynamics
Exercise 6. Cardiovascular Physiology
Exercise 7. Respiratory System Mechanics
Exercise 8. Chemical and Physical Processes of Digestion
Exercise 9. Renal System Physiology
Exercise 10. Acid-Base Balance
Exercise 11. Blood Analysis
Exercise 12: Serological Testing
Appendix. The Metric System
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual, Fetal Pig Version, Update Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package, 10th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$68.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75363-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users