Award-winning teacher Michael D. Johnson sparks the interest of today’s science-intimidated student by connecting basic biology to real-world issues that are relevant to students' own lives. Through a storytelling approach and extensive online support, Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, Sixth Edition not only demystifies how the human body works but drives students to become better consumers of health and science information. Each chapter now opens with Johnson’s popular "Current Issue" essays, and inside each chapter are entries from the author’s own, frequently updated blog. Expanded online resources are now available and conveniently referenced in chapter sections with icons and URLs. The Sixth Edition also offers stronger student self-assessment tools, with new and expanded critical-thinking questions throughout each chapter and in the end-of-chapter reviews.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. Human Biology, Science, and Society
2. The Chemistry of Living Things
3. Structure and Function of Cells
4. From Cells to Organ Systems
5. The Skeletal System
6. The Muscular System
8. Heart and Blood Vessels
9. The Immune System and Mechanisms of Defense
10. The Respiratory System: Exchange of Gases
11. The Nervous System: Integration and Control
12. Sensory Mechanisms
13. The Endocrine System
14. The Digestive System and Nutrition
15. The Urinary System
16. Reproductive Systems
17. Cell Reproduction and Differentiation
18. Cancer: Uncontrolled Cell Division and Differentiation
19. Genetics and Inheritance
20. DNA Technology and Genetic Engineering
21. Development and Aging
22. Evolution and the Origins of Life
23. Ecosystems and Populations
24. Human Impacts, Biodiversity, and Environmental Issues
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Human Biology: Concepts and Current Issues, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$72.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-75037-2