CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
1. The Scientific Method: Proven Effective
2. The Chemistry of Life: Drink to Your Health?
3. Cell Structure and Metabolism: Diet
4. Genes—Transcription, Translation, Mutation, and Cloning: Genetically Modified Foods
5. Tissues, Organs, and Organ Systems: Work Out
6. The Musculoskeletal System: Sex Differences in Athleticism
7. The Digestive System: Weight-Loss Surgery
8. The Blood: Malaria-A Deadly Bite
9. The Cardiovascular System: Can We Stop the Number-One Killer?
10. The Respiratory System: Secondhand Smoke
11. The Urinary System: Surviving the Ironman
12. Immune System, Bacteria, Viruses, and Other Pathogens: Will Mad-Cow Disease Become an Epidemic?
13. Sexually Transmitted Infections: The Cervical Cancer Vaccine
14. Brain Structure and Function: Attention Deficit Disorder
15. The Senses: Is Danger Near?
16. The Endocrine System: Worried Sick
17. DNA Synthesis, Mitosis, and Meiosis: Cancer
18. Human Reproduction: Is There Something in the Water?
19. Mendelian and Quantitative Genetics: Are You Only as Smart as Your Genes?
20. Extensions of Mendelism, Sex Linkage, Pedigree Analysis, and DNA Fingerprinting DNA Detective
21. Development and Aging : The Promise and Perils of Stem Cells
22. Evolution: Where Did We Come From?
23. Ecosystems and Biomes: Where Do You Live?
24. Population, Community, and Ecosystem Ecology: Is Earth Experiencing a Biodiversity Crisis?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Human Biology, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Electronic Book
$70.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-61248-9