A lively and engaging introduction to Human Relations
In this much-anticipated 5th edition, Loren Ford and Judith Arter present the fundamentals of human relations through interesting personal stories, anecdotes, and case studies. This is a book that truly captivates students by engaging them in questions and exercises designed to stimulate active learning and critical thinking.
The 5th edition features new content, a substantial number of updated references, and pedagogical tools like Learning Objectives, Big Ideas, and Review questions.
Upon completing this book, readers should be able to:
- Understand the foundational psychological concepts relevant to Human Relations
- Apply the information learned in the course to one’s own personal situation
- Clarify and express personal beliefs through self examination
- Communicate better with others
Table of Contents
BRIEF TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I: Learning About Yourself
Chapter 1 Basic Principles and Communication
Chapter 2 Self-Awareness
Chapter 3 Personality and Comfort Zones
Chapter 4 Emotions and Stress Management
Part II: Learning About Interactions with Others
Chapter 5 Family Influences
Chapter 6 Social Influence and Group Behavior
Chapter 7 Developing Close Relationships
Chapter 8 Human Sexuality
Part III: Learning About Adjustment in Life
Chapter 9 Health, Wellness, and Coping Skills
Chapter 10 Lifespan Development and Transitions
Chapter 11 Positive Living and Life Satisfaction
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$70.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$72.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-91904-8