Human Relations for Career and Personal Success: Concepts, Applications, and Skills, Tenth Edition, shows how you can become more effective in your work and personal life by developing your human relations skills. Offering more insight into human behavior, the text covers topics such as career advancement, developing good work habits, and managing stress and personal problems. With his proven approach, DuBrin delves into human relations by looking at basic concepts followed by a heavy component of skill development and self-assessment. This tenth edition features over 60 new cases, exercises, assignments and assessments and a new MyBizSkillsKit website.
Table of Contents
PART I: UNDERSTANDING AND MANAGING YOURSELF
1. Human Relations and You
2. Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
3. Self-Motivation and Goal Setting
4. Emotional Intelligence, Attitudes, and Happiness
5. Values and Ethics
6. Problem Solving and Creativity
PART II: DEALING EFFECTIVELY WITH PEOPLE
7. Personal Communication Effectiveness
8. Communication in the Workplace
9. Specialized Tactics for Getting Along with Others in the Workplace
10. Managing Conflict
11. Becoming an Effective Leader
12. Motivating Others and Developing Teamwork
13. Diversity and Cross-Cultural Competence
PART III: DEVELOPING CAREER THRUST
14. Getting Ahead in Your Career
15. Learning Strategies, Perception, and Life Span Changes
16. Developing Good Work Habits
PART IV: STAYING EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY
17. Managing Stress and Personal Problems
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$67.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297460-8