For undergraduate courses in Human Relations, Applied Psychology, Human Relations in the Workplace, Career Development; also appropriate for a course in Interpersonal Skills Training.
Accomplished author and national speaker, Andrew DuBrin brings his expertise of Human Relations and Business Psychology to this exciting tenth edition. Focusing on today’s work environment, the book takes a two-pronged approach that improves interpersonal skills by first presenting basic concepts and then by featuring a heavy component of skill development and self-assessment. This edition features a new chapter on self-esteem, current research on emotional and social intelligence and fresh cases, exercises and skill builders that prepare students for today’s business environment.
Table of Contents
1. A Framework for Interpersonal Skill Development
2. Understanding Individual Differences
3. Developing Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence
4. Interpersonal Communication
5. Developing Teamwork Skills
6. Group Problem Solving and Decision Making
7. Cross-Cultural Relations and Diversity
8. Resolving Conflicts with Others
9. Becoming an Effective Leader
10. Motivating Others
11. Helping Others Develop and Grow
12. Positive Political Skills
13. Customer Satisfaction Skills
14. Enhancing Ethical Behavior
15. Stress Management and Personal Productivity
16. Job Search and Career Management Skills
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Human Relations: Interpersonal Job-Oriented Skills, CourseSmart eTextbook, 10th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$51.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-504290-8