Directed primarily toward undergraduate business or management majors, this text also provides practical content to current and aspiring industry professionals.
There is no greater asset to a company than its employees–which is why Human Resource Management shows readers how to maximize a firm’s potential through identifying and keeping an ideal workforce.
The new edition reflects many recent changes in the industry, across the country, and around the globe, including the 2012 national elections, continuing economic uncertainly, technological changes including an increase in mobile recruiting and learning, and the integral role that social media tools such as wikis, blogs, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter now play in the field of HR.
The book provides helpful insights for those who aspire to management positions.
Table of Contents
1. Strategic Human Resource Management: An Overview
II. ETHICAL, SOCIAL, AND LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS
2. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
3. Workforce Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Affirmative Action
4. Job Analysis, Strategic Planning, and Human Resource Planning
IV. HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
7. Training and Development
8. Performance Management and Appraisal
9. Direct Financial Compensation
10. Indirect Financial Compensation (Benefits) and Non-Financial Compensation
VI. SAFETY AND HEALTH
11. A Safe and Healthy Work Environment
VII. EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
12. Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining
13. Internal Employee Relations
VIII. OPERATING IN A GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
14. Global Human Resource Management
Digital + Print
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Human Resource Management, Student Value Edition Plus 2014 MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 13th Edition as a replacement.