There is no greater asset to a company than its employees—which is why Human Resource Management shows readers how to maximize a firm’s potential through identifying and keeping an ideal workforce.
The twelfth edition addresses the changes in HR that have happened since the 2008 recession, as well as the expansive growth of social media. Over 900 new sources went into the development of this edition.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Strategic Human Resource Management: An Overview
PART TWO. ETHICAL, SOCIAL, AND LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS
Chapter 2. Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Chapter 3. Workforce Diversity, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Affirmative Action
PART THREE. STAFFING
Chapter 4. Job Analysis, Strategic Planning, and Human Resource Planning
Chapter 5. Recruitment
Chapter 6. Selection
PART FOUR. HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
Chapter 7. Training and Development
Appendix Chapter 7—Career Planning and Development
Chapter 8. Performance Management and Appraisal
PART FIVE. COMPENSATION
Chapter 9. Direct Financial Compensation
Chapter 10. Indirect Financial Compensation (Benefits) and Nonfinancial Compensation
PART SIX. SAFETY AND HEALTH
Chapter 11. A Safe and Healthy Work Environment
PART SEVEN. EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
Chapter 12. Labor Unions and Collective Bargaining
Appendix Chapter 12—History of Unions in the United States
Chapter 13. Internal Employee Relations
PART EIGHT. OPERATING IN A GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT
Chapter 14. Global Human Resource Management
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Human Resource Management, 13th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-255359-9
$50.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-266756-2
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users