Authoritative and current information on Human Resource Management that ALL managers can use.
This best-selling HRM text is designed to provide authoritative and accurate information on HR-related responsibilities and personnel management by focusing on practical applications, concepts, and techniques that ALL managers can use in business.
More than 100 new topics can be found throughout this edition, along with new features and video cases.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: Introduction to Human Resource Management
Chapter 2: Equal Opportunity and the Law
Chapter 3: The Manager’s Role in Strategic Human Resource Management
PART TWO: RECRUITMENT AND PLACEMENT
Chapter 4: Job Analysis
Chapter 5: Personnel Planning and Recruiting
Chapter 6: Employee Testing and Selection
Chapter 7: Interviewing Candidates
PART THREE: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Chapter 8: Training and Developing Employees
Chapter 9: Performance Management and Appraisal
Chapter 10: Coaching, Careers, and Talent Management
PART FOUR: COMPENSATION
Chapter 11: Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
Chapter 12: Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
Chapter 13: Benefits and Services
PART FIVE: EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
Chapter 14: Ethics, Justice, and Fair Treatment in HR Management
Chapter 15: Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
Chapter 16: Employee Safety and Health
Chapter 17: Managing Global Human Resources
Chapter 18: Managing Human Resources in Entrepreneurial Firms
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Human Resource Management, 14th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-266920-7
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-266923-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$109.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-307172-6