NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Management.
This package includes MyManagementLab®.
Modern Human Resources: Technology, Social Media, and Management
Human Resource Management provides readers with the daily tools and skills they need to function as successful managers--in both human resources and business in general. With a practical approach, the text explores the evolution of the field, highlighting the introduction of revolutionary new technologies and social media platforms such as LinkedIn and cloud computing.
The Fifteenth Edition focuses on the positive impacts technology has had on the HR field. The ability to vet potential employees on the Internet shifts more HR responsibilities to managers, leaving HR departments with more time to carry out strategic, long-term endeavors for boosting employee performance and engagement. With a heavy focus on emerging industry trends, the text prepares readers with everything they need to be successful managers and HR personnel in the 21st century.
Personalize Learning with MyManagementLab
MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage readers and improve results. Within its structured environment, readers practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134304233 / 9780134304236 Human Resource Management Plus MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134235452 / 9780134235455 Human Resource Management
- 0134237811 / 9780134237817 Access Card Title MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Human Resource Management
Table of Contents
Part One: Introduction
1. Introduction to Human Resource Management
2. Equal Opportunity and the Law
3. Human Resource Management Strategy and Analysis
Part Two: Recruitment, Placement, and Talent Management
4. Job Analysis and the Talent Management Process
5. Personnel Planning and Recruiting
6. Employee Testing and Selection
7. Interviewing Candidates
Part Three: Training and Development
8. Training and Developing Employees
9. Performance Management and Appraisal
10. Managing Careers and Retention
Part Four: Compensation
11. Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
12. Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
13. Benefits and Services
Part Five: Enrichment Topics in Human Resource Management
14. Building Positive Employee Relations
15. Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
16. Safety, Health, and Risk Management
17. Managing Global Human Resources
18. Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Appendix A: HRCI PHR® and SPHR® Certification Body of Knowledge
Appendix B: About the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and KnowledgeTM Model and Certification Exams
Appendix C: Comprehensive Cases
$59.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-423784-8
$99.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-423782-4
Digital + Print
$199.99 $189.99 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-443980-8 $279.99 $265.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$179.99 $170.99 |