Engaging students and cultivating understanding in a world of diversity.
Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity, 9/e examines the rich diversity found in human sexuality. More significantly, the text places an emphasis on cultivating understanding in a world of increasing diversity through personal engagement. Students are encouraged to reflect upon their own beliefs and experiences throughout the text in order to foster a more personal and impactful learning experience. The text also helps students develop their own opinions by promoting critical thinking skills, personal sexual health awareness, and responsible decision-making.
MyDeveleopmentLab is an integral part of the Rathus / Nevid / Fichner-Rathus program. Key learning applications include Video Series for Human Sexuality, “My Life, My Sexuality,” Assessment, and Personalized Study Plan.
Teaching & Learning Experience
- Personalize Learning — MyDevelopmentLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Critical Thinking boxes are integrated into the margins. Boxes ask students to delve deeper into the material and reconsider their own opinions and ideas.
- Engage Students — The newly updated "Real Students Real Questions" feature increases students’ critical thinking skills by incorporating real questions from actual college students, as posed to instructors.
- Explore Research — Throughout the text, “A Closer Look” boxes provide in-depth discussions of scientific techniques and skill-building exercises such as “Breast Self-Examination,” Self-Examination of the Testes,” and “What to Do If You Suspect You Have Contracted an STD.”
- Understand Sexuality — Through new and updated features like “My Life, My Sexuality,” and “A World of Diversity” the authors strengthen comprehension of the material while fostering greater reflection and understanding.
- Support Instructors — The 9th edition is accompanied by a rich instructor support package, including new video embedded PowerPoints, a heavily updated Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank that are organized according to in-text Learning Objectives for ease of use, and MyDevelopmentLab with the new Human Sexuality Video Series.
0205989438 / 9780205989430 Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity (paper) Plus NEW MyPsychLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0205206514 / 9780205206513 NEW MyPsychLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card
0205955339 / 9780205955336 Human Sexuality in a World of Diversity (paper)
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$94.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95448-3
$65.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95447-6
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$142.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-98944-7
$196.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95533-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$134.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-95227-4