For courses in Hybrid Vehicles, New Automotive Technologies, and Alternative Fuels.
Designed for service technicians and automotive students, Hybrids and Alternative Fuel Vehicles, 2e, offers practical coverage of hybrid vehicles. Beginning with the fundamentals, the book discusses historical trends and environmental concerns, followed by separate chapters detailing each major hybrid system. The text highlights products from leading manufacturers, making the information easy to incorporate into an existing course. Throughout the text, ample photos and illustrations, as well as features such as Real World Fix boxes, help readers effectively understand and service hybrid vehicles.
Table of Contents
1. Carbon-Based Fuels and the Environment
2. Introduction to Hybrid Vehicles
3. Internal Combustion Engine Systems
5. Alternative Fuels
6. Diesel and Biodiesel Fuels
7. Hybrid Batteries and Battery Service
8. Electric Motors, Generators, and Controls
9. Regenerative Braking System
10. Hybrid Vehicle Transmissions and Transaxles
11. Hybrid Vehicle Heating and Air Conditioning
12. Hybrid Safety and Service Procedures
13. First Responder Procedures
14. Honda Hybrid Vehicles
15. Toyota/Lexus Hybrid Vehicles
16. Ford/Mercury Hybrid Vehicles
17. General Motors Hybrid Vehicles
18. Fuel Cells and Advanced Technologies
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Vehicles, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$56.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-512327-0