A research-based guide for educators to the practical methods of understanding, evaluating and facilitating the change process.
Significantly revised based on student and instructor feedback, the new Fourth Edition of Implementing Change continues to examine the ways in which change processes are experienced by those "on the ground" while adding new features, new material and the most current research. Based primarily on the Concerns Based Adoption Model (CBAM), this user-friendly text focuses on introducing constructs that can be used by those engaged in facilitating change processes as well as those who are evaluating and studying change.
Table of Contents
Part I The Context for Implementing Change
Chapter 1 What Key Patterns, Principles, and Lessons Have We Learned About Implementing Change?
Chapter 2 What Actions and Events Are Imperative in Facilitating Implementation?
Part II The People Part of Change: Three Diagnostic Dimensions: Concerns, Using, and Fidelity
Chapter 3 How Can We Clarify the Change?
Chapter 4 How Can the Different Feelings and Perceptions About Change Be Understood and Addressed?
Chapter 5 What Are Characteristic Behavioral Profiles of Implementers?
Part III Leading Change across the Organization
Chapter 6 How Do Leaders Make a Difference in Implementation Success?
Chapter 7 How Does a Culture of Continuous Learning Support Implementation?
Chapter 8 What Can Be Done to Understand a Part of the Change Process That Is Not Controlled by the Leaders or the Followers?
Part IV Different Perspectives for Understanding the Big Picture of Change: Systems, Diffusion, and Organization Development
Chapter 9 How Can Systems Thinking Enhance the Success of Change Efforts?
Chapter 10 How Do Communication Activities and Change Agents Affect Implementation?
Chapter 11 In What Ways Can Team Member Skills and Process Consultants Affect Implementation?
Part V Combining Views: Perspectives, Constructs, Tools, Applications, and Implications
Chapter 12 How Can Change Constructs Be Combined to Understand, Assess, and Lead Efforts to Implement Change?
Appendix A Stages of Concern Questionnaire
Appendix B Stages of Concern Questionnaire Scoring Device
Appendix C Levels of Use of the Innovation
Appendix D Six Dimensions of Change Facilitator Style
Appendix E Change Facilitator Style Questionnaire
Appendix F Change Facilitator Style Questionnaire Scoring Device
Appendix G Example Interventions for Each Stage of Concern
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$50.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-376685-1