Balancing foundational information with a real world approach to inclusion, Inclusion: Effective Practices for All Students, 2e equips teachers to create effective inclusive classrooms.
The most applied text in the market, this second edition sharpens its focus and its organization to more clearly outline best practices for inclusive classrooms. The book’s three part structure opens with the foundational materials you’ll need to truly understand inclusive classrooms, followed by brief categorical chapters to give you the information you need to meet the needs of all students. Finally, field tested and research based classroom strategies are laid out on perforated pages to make the transition from theory to practice seamless.
Table of Contents
Inclusion: Effective Practices for All Students, 2e
Part I: Foundations of Successful Inclusion
1. What Is Inclusion and Why Is It Important?
2. Inclusion: Historical Trends, Current Practices, and Tomorrow’s Challenges
Part 2: Who are the Students in an Inclusive Classroom?
3. Students with Learning Disabilities
4. Students with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
5. Students with Intellectual Disabilities
6. Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disabilities
7. Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
8. Students with Communication Disorders and Students with Sensory Impairments
9. Students with Physical Disabilities, Health impairments, and Multiple Disabilities
Part 3: Effective Practices to Meet All Students’ Needs
Chapter 10 Collaboration and Teaming To Support Inclusion
Chapter 11 Formal Plans and Planning for Differentiated Instruction
Chapter 12 Teaching Students from Diverse Backgrounds
Chapter 13 Effective Instruction in Core Academic Areas:Teaching Reading, Writing, and Mathematics
Chapter 14 Effective Instructionin Secondary Content Areas
Chapter 15 Effective Classroom Management for All Students
Chapter 16 Using Technology to Support Inclusion
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$72.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-288900-1
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$119.13 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300784-8