For courses covering health information technology in any allied health program or nursing program in college, university, community college, high school, or vocational school.
Now significantly expanded and fully updated, this is the ideal information technology primer for readers working in any healthcare field, including allied health, nursing, medical/dental/pharmaceutical assisting, or medical administration. It fully addresses each key issue in contemporary healthcare IT, including the accelerating migration towards electronic health records. New coverage includes: smartphones, tablets, and their healthcare applications; the role of healthcare reform in promoting health IT; EHR meaningful use criteria; new practice management scheduling software; the growth of telemedicine; new problems in public health; interventional radiology; surgery-related nanotechnology; information-related biotech and pharmaceutical trends; expanded applications in psychiatry and rehabilitation; genetic privacy; and much more.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Information Technology—Hardware, Software, and Telecommunications
2. Medical Informatics: The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, HITECH, and The Health Information Technology Decade
3. An Introduction to the Administrative Applications of Computers: Practice Management: Scheduling and Accounting
5. Information Technology in Public Health
6. Information Technology in Radiology
7. Information Technology in Surgery—the Cutting Edge
8. Information Technology in Pharmacy
9. Information Technology in Dentistry
10. Informational Resources: Computer-Assisted Instruction, Expert Systems, Health Information Online
11. Information Technology in Rehabilitative Therapies: Computerized Medical Devices, Assistive Technology, and Prosthetic Devices
12. Security and Privacy in an Electronic Age
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Information Technology for the Health Professions, CourseSmart eTextbook, 4th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$26.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-289808-9