For one/two-semester, junior/senior-level courses in Inorganic Chemistry.
This highly readable text provides the essentials of Inorganic Chemistry at a level that is neither too high (for novice students) nor too low (for advanced students). It has been praised for its coverage of theoretical inorganic chemistry. It discusses molecular symmetry earlier than other texts and builds on this foundation in later chapters. Plenty of supporting book references encourage instructors and students to further explore topics of interest.
CourseSmart textbooks do not include any media or print supplements that come packaged with the bound book.
Table of Contents
Please note this is the 3rd edition Table of Contents:
1. Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry.
2. Atomic Structure.
3. Simple Bonding Theory.
4. Symmetry and Group Theory.
5. Molecular Orbitals.
6. Acid-Base and Donor-Acceptor Chemistry.
7. The Crystalline Solid State.
8. Chemistry of the Main Group Elements.
9. Coordination Chemistry I: Structures and Isomers.
10. Coordination Chemistry II: Bonding.
11. Coordination Chemistry III: Electronic Spectra.
12. Coordination Chemistry IV: Reactions and Mechanisms.
13. Organometallic Chemistry.
14. Organometallic Reactions and Catalysis.
15. Parallels Between Main Group and Organometallic Chemistry.
16. Bioinorganic and Environmental Chemistry.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Inorganic Chemistry, CourseSmart eTextbook, 4th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$82.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-67707-5