With its updates to quickly changing content areas, a strengthened visual presentation and the addition of new co-author Paul Fisher, the new edition of this highly readable text is more educational and valuable than ever. Inorganic Chemistry, Fifth Edition delivers the essentials of Inorganic Chemistry at just the right level for today’s classroom — neither too high (for novice students) nor too low (for advanced students). Strong coverage of atomic theory and an emphasis on physical chemistry give students a firm understanding of the theoretical basis of inorganic chemistry, while a reorganized presentation of molecular orbital and group theory highlights key principles more clearly.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Inorganic Chemistry.
2. Atomic Structure.
3. Simple Bonding Theory.
4. Symmetry and Group Theory.
5. Molecular Orbitals.
6. Acid-Base and Donor-Acceptor Chemistry.
7. The Crystalline Solid State.
8. Chemistry of the Main Group Elements.
9. Coordination Chemistry I: Structures and Isomers.
10. Coordination Chemistry II: Bonding.
11. Coordination Chemistry III: Electronic Spectra.
12. Coordination Chemistry IV: Reactions and Mechanisms.
13. Organometallic Chemistry.
14. Organometallic Reactions and Catalysis.
15. Parallels Between Main Group and Organometallic Chemistry.
Chapter 16, Bioinorganic and Environmental Chemistry, which was not printed in the Fifth Edition, is available electronically upon request from your Pearson rep.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Inorganic Chemistry, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$94.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-81286-5