This is the eBook version of the printed book.
An essential guide to understanding the Cisco IOS architecture
In-depth coverage of Cisco's IOS Software architecture provides crucial information to:
- Prevent network problems and optimize performance through more efficient design and configuration
- Isolate and resolve network problems more quickly and easily
- Apply the appropriate packet switching method, such as process switching, fast switching, optimum switching, or Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF)
- Understand the hardware architecture, packet buffering, and packet switching processes for shared memory routers (Cisco 1600, 2500, 3600, 4000, 4500, and 4700 series)
- Understand the hardware architecture, packet buffering, and packet switching processes for the Cisco 7200 series routers
- Understand the hardware architecture, packet buffering, and packet switching processes for the Cisco 7500 series routers
- Understand the hardware architecture, packet buffering, and packet switching processes for the Cisco GSR 12000 series routers
- Further your knowledge of how IOS Software implements Quality of Service (QoS)
Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture offers crucial and hard-to-find information on Cisco's Internetwork Operating System (IOS) Software. IOS Software provides the means by which networking professionals configure and manage Cisco networking devices. Beyond understanding the Cisco IOS command set, comprehending what happens inside Cisco routers will help you as a network designer or engineer to perform your job more effectively. By understanding the internal operations of IOS Software, you will be able to take architectural considerations into account when designing networks and isolate problems more easily when troubleshooting networks. Inside Cisco IOS Software Architecture provides essential information on the internal aspects of IOS Software at this level, and it is an invaluable resource for better understanding the intricacies of IOS Software and how it affects your network.
Inide Cisco IOS Software Architecture begins with an overview of operating system concepts and the IOS Software infrastructure, including processes, memory management, CPU scheduling, packet buffers, and device drivers, as well as a discussion of packet switching architecture with detailed coverage of the various platform-independent switching methods, including process switching, fast switching, optimum switching, and Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF). The book then delves into the intricate details of the design and operation of platform-specific features, including the 1600, 2500, 4x00, 3600, 7200, 7500, and GSR Cisco routers. Finally, an overview of IOS Quality of Service (QoS) is provided, including descriptions of several QoS methods, such as priority queuing, custom queuing, weighted fair queuing, and modified deficit round robin.
Table of Contents
2. Packet Switching Architecture.
3.Shared Memory Routers.
4. Early Cbus Routers.
5. Particle-Based Systems.
6. Cisco 7500 Routers.
7. The Cisco Gigabit Switch Router: 12000.
8. Quality of Service.
9. NetFlow Switching 200.
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$55.99Add to Cart