Prepare future managers to face the differences in business communication across cultures.
With the globalization of the world economy, it is imperative for current and future managers to be sensitive to the differences they will encounter in intercultural communication. To help make students aware of these differences, Intercultural Business Communication contains practical guidelines and information on how to conduct negotiations across countries, write business letters in different societies, and includes the general “dos” and “don’ts” in international business.
Table of Contents
1. The Nature of Intercultural Communication
2. Universal Systems
3. Contrasting Cultural Values
4. Cultural Shock
6. Oral and Nonverbal Communication Patterns
7. Written Communication Patterns
8. Global Etiquette
9. Business and Social Customs
10. Intercultural Negotiation Process
11. Intercultural Negotiation Components
12. Laws Affecting International Business and Travel
Appendix A: Glossary
Appendix B: Answers to Exercises
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Intercultural Business Communication, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$52.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297189-8