Table of Contents
R. Review of the Real Number System
R.1 Basic Concepts
R.2 Operations on Real Numbers
R.3 Exponents, Roots, and Order of Operations
R.4 Properties of Real Numbers
1. Linear Equations and Applications
1.1 Linear Equations in One Variable
1.2 Formulas and Percent
1.3 Applications of Linear Equations
1.4 Further Applications of Linear Equations
2. Linear Inequalities and Absolute Value
2.1 Linear Inequalities in One Variable
2.2 Set Operations and Compound Inequalities
2.3 Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
3. Graphs, Linear Equations, and Functions
3.1 The Rectangular Coordinate System
3.2 The Slope of a Line
3.3 Linear Equations in Two Variables
3.4 Linear Inequalities in Two Variables
3.5 Introduction to Relations and Functions
3.6 Function Notation and Linear Functions
4. Systems of Linear Equations
4.1 Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables
4.2 Systems of Linear Equations in Three Variables
4.3 Applications of Linear Systems of Equations
4.4 Solving Linear Systems of Equations by Matrix Methods
5. Exponents, Polynomials, and Polynomial Functions
5.1 Integer Exponents and Scientific Notation
5.2 Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
5.3 Polynomial Functions
5.4 Multiplying Polynomials
5.5 Dividing Polynomials
6.1 Greatest Common Factors; Factoring by Grouping
6.2 Factoring Trinomials
6.3 Special Factoring
6.4 A General Approach to Factoring
6.5 Solving Equations by Factoring
7. Rational Expressions
7.1 Rational Expressions and Functions; Multiplying and Dividing
7.2 Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
7.3 Complex Fractions
7.4 Equations with Rational Expressions and Graphs
7.5 Applications of Rational Expressions
8. Roots, Radicals, and Root Functions
8.1 Rational Expressions and Graphs
8.2 Rational Exponents
8.3 Simplifying Radical Expressions
8.4 Adding and Subtracting Radical Expressions
8.5 Multiplying and Dividing Radical Expressions
8.6 Solving Equations with Radicals
8.7 Complex Numbers
9. Quadratic Equations, Inequalities, and Functions
9.1 The Square Root Property and Completing the Square
9.2 The Quadratic Formula
9.3 Equations Quadratic in Form
9.4 Formulas and Applications
9.5 Graphs of Quadratic Functions
9.6 More About Parabolas and Their Applications
9.7 Polynomial and Rational Inequalities
10. Inverse, Exponential, and Logarithmic Functions
10.1 Composition of Functions
10.2 Inverse Functions
10.3 Exponential Functions
10.4 Logarithmic Functions
10.5 Properties of Logarithms
10.6 Common and Natural Logarithms
10.7 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations and Their Applications
11. Nonlinear Functions, Conic Sections, and Nonlinear Systems
11.1 Additional Graphs of Functions
11.2 The Circle and the Ellipse
11.3 The Hyperbola, and Other Functions Defined by Radicals
11.4 Nonlinear Systems of Equations11.5 Second-Degree Inequalities and Systems of Inequalities
Appendix A: Review of Fractions
Appendix B: Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Matrix Methods
Appendix C: Synthetic Division
Answers to Selected Exercises
Solutions to Selected Exercises
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.20 | Add to Cart
$36.80 | Add to Cart
$44.20 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133885873
Includes this title packaged with:
- MathXL -- Valuepack Access Card (12-month access), 2nd Edition
. . Pearson Education
$231.47 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87260-9
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85491-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$148.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84630-3