Table of Contents
R. Real Numbers and Algebraic Expressions
R.1 Success in Mathematics
R.2 Sets and Classification of Numbers
R.3 Operations on Signed Numbers; Properties of Real Numbers
R.4 Order of Operations
R.5 Algebraic Expressions
1. Linear Equations and Inequalities
Part I: Linear Equations and Inequalities in One Variable
1.1 Linear Equations in One Variable
1.2 An Introduction to Problem Solving
1.3 Using Formulas to Solve Problems
1.4 Linear Inequalities in One Variable
Part II: Linear Equations and Inequalities in Two Variables
1.5 Rectangular Coordinates and Graphs of Equations
1.6 Linear Equations in Two Variables
1.7 Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
1.8 Linear Inequalities in Two Variables
2. Relations, Functions, and More Inequalities
2.2 An Introduction to Functions
2.3 Functions and Their Graphs
2.4 Linear Functions and Models
2.5 Compound Inequalities
2.6 Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities
3. Systems of Linear Equations and Inequalities
3.1 Systems of Linear Equations in Two Variables
3.2 Problem Solving: Systems of Two Linear Equations Containing Two Unknowns
3.3 Systems of Linear Equations in Three Variables
3.4 Using Matrices to Solve Systems
3.5 Determinants and Cramer's Rule
3.6 Systems of Linear Inequalities
4. Polynomials and Polynomial Functions
4.1 Adding and Subtracting Polynomials
4.2 Multiplying Polynomials
4.3 Dividing Polynomials; Synthetic Division
4.4 Greatest Common Factor; Factoring by Grouping
4.5 Factoring Trinomials
4.6 Factoring Special Products
4.7 Factoring: A General Strategy
4.8 Polynomial Equations
5. Rational Expressions and Rational Functions
5.1 Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions
5.2 Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
5.3 Complex Rational Expressions
5.4 Rational Equations
5.5 Rational Inequalities
5.6 Models Involving Rational Expressions
6. Radicals and Rational Exponents
6.1 nth Roots and Rational Exponents
6.2 Simplify Expressions Using the Law of Exponents
6.3 Simplify Radical Expressions Using Properties of Radicals
6.4 Adding, Subtracting, and Multiplying Radical Expressions
6.5 Rationalizing Radical Expressions
6.6 Functions Involving Radicals
6.7 Radical Equations and Their Applications
6.8 The Complex Number System
7. Quadratic Equations and Functions
7.1 Solving Quadratic Equations by Completing the Square
7.2 Solving Quadratic Equations by the Quadratic Formula
7.3 Solving Equations Quadratic in Form
7.4 Graphing Quadratic Functions Using Transformations
7.5 Graphing Quadratic Functions Using Properties
7.6 Polynomial Inequalities
8. Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
8.1 Composite Functions and Inverse Functions
8.2 Exponential Functions
8.3 Logarithmic Functions
8.4 Properties of Logarithms
8.5 Exponential and Logarithmic Equations
9.1 Distance and Midpoint Formulas
9.6 Systems of Nonlinear Equations
10. Sequences, Series, and the Binomial Theorem
10.2 Arithmetic Sequences
10.3 Geometric Sequences and Series10.4 The Binomial Theorem
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$35.20 | Add to Cart
$35.20 | Add to Cart
$36.80 | Add to Cart
$44.20 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$99.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88212-7
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88211-0
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$154.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-88139-7