An effective balance between authoritative theory and meaningful practice.
International Business is an authoritative and engaging voice on conducting business in international markets. This text not only describes the ideas of international business but it also uses contemporary examples, scenarios, and cases to help students effectively put theory into practice. This edition features updated author-written cases, including ten entirely new cases, and expanded coverage on emerging economies.
MyManagementLab for International Business is a total learning package. MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Improve Results with MyManagementLab: MyManagementLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- Bring Concepts to Life with Cases and Features: Every chapter begins and ends with an author-written case that either introduces new material or integrates what has already been learned
- Keep Your Course Current and Relevant: New examples, topics, and statistics appear throughout the text.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyManagementLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyManagementLab search for ISBN-10: 0133768740/ISBN-13: 9780133768749. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133457230/ISBN-13: 9780133457230 and ISBN-10: 0133486621/ISBN-13: 9780133486629.
MyManagementLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
About the Authors
I. Background for International Business
1. Globalization and International Business
II. Comparative Environmental Frameworks
2. The Cultural Environments Facing Business
3. The Political and Legal Environments Facing Business
4. The Economic Environments Facing Businesses
III. Theories and Institutions: Trade and Investment
5. International Trade and Factor-Mobility Theory
6. Governmental Influence on Trade
7. Cross-National Cooperation and Agreements
IV. World Financial Environment
8. Global Foreign-Exchange Markets
9. The Determination of Exchange Rates
10. Global Capital Markets
V. Global Strategy, Structure, and Implementation
11. Globalization and Society
12. The Strategy of International Business
13. Country Evaluation and Selection
14. Export and Import
15. Direct Investment and Collaborative Strategies
16. The Organization of International Business
VI. Managing International Operations
17. Marketing Globally
18. Global Manufacturing and Supply-Chain Management
19. International Accounting and Finance Issues
20. International Human Resource Management