An exploration of the issues facing international business managers today.
International Management explores the dynamic global environment of business management by exploring the political, legal, technological, competitive, and cultural factors that shape corporations worldwide.
Table of Contents
I. THE GLOBAL MANAGER’S ENVIRONMENT
1. Assessing the Environment: Political, Economic, Legal, Technological
2. Managing Interdependence: Social Responsibility, Ethics, Sustainability
New: Case 1. An Ethics Role Playing Case: Stockholders vs Stakeholders. (Global/Sri Lanka)
New: Case 2. Blackberry in International Markets. (Global/Middle East)
II. THE CULTURAL CONTEXT OF GLOBAL MANAGEMENT
3. Understanding the Role of Culture
4. Communicating Across Cultures
5. Cross-cultural Negotiation and Decision Making
New: Case 3. Google Orkut in Brazil: What’s So Social About It? (Brazil)
Case 4. MTV Networks: The Arabian Challenge (Saudi Arabia)
III. FORMULATING AND IMPLEMENTING STRATEGY FOR INTERNATIONAL AND GLOBAL OPERATIONS
6. Formulating Strategy
7. Implementing Strategy: Small Businesses; Global Alliances; Emerging Economy Firms
8. Organization Structure and Control Systems
New: Case 5. Alibaba in 2011: Competing in China and Beyond. (China)
New: Case 6. Carrefour’s Misadventure in Russia (Russia)
New: Case 7. Walmart in Africa (Africa)
New: Case 8. Evaluating the Chrysler-Fiat Auto Alliance in 2012. (Italy/U.S./Global)
IV. GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
9. Staffing, Training, and Compensation for Global Operations
10. Developing a Global Management Cadre
11. Motivating and Leading
New: Case 9. Indra Nooyi: A Transcultural Leader (India/Global)
New: Case 10. Foreign Investment in Chinese Banking Sector: HR Challenges. (China)
New: Case 11. Mahindra and Mahindra (B): An Emerging Global Giant? (India/Global)
New: Case 12. After the Breakup: The Troubled Alliance Between Volkswagen and Suzuki. (Germany/Japan)
Integrative Term Project
Name and Subject Index
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$92.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306227-4