Updated in its 5th edition, International Relations and World Politics is a toolkit that offers an authoritative survey of the field and practical ways to analyze current and future world problems. Drawn from the authors’ experience as scholars and practitioners, this new edition was completely rewritten to focus on an enduring teaching and learning goal–how individuals can apply theory, history, geography, and more for a lifetime of understanding politics in a globalized world. Whether as actors themselves in world politics, participants in the global economy, or simply readers of world news, those reading International Relations and World Politics not only get more help to master the field’s concepts but also get more help to understand that these are real-world ideas with real-world implications.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Engaging International Relations and World Politics
Chapter 2. Theory
Chapter 4. Geography
Chapter 5. Globalization
Chapter 6. Power
Chapter 7. Diplomacy & Foreign Policy
Chapter 8. International Organizations & International Law
Chapter 9. Interstate Conflict
Chapter 10. Asymmetrical Conflict
Chapter 11. Trade and Money
Chapter 12. Development
Chapter 13. Human Rights
Chapter 14. Global Environment
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$83.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-85787-6
$61.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-85788-3
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$60.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92174-4