ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- This text is intended for a 1-semester CS1 course sequence. The Brief Version contains the first 18 chapters of the Comprehensive Version. The first 13 chapters are appropriate for preparing the AP Computer Science exam. Coverage of Java and programming make this a useful reference for beginning programmers and IT professionals.
Daniel Liang teaches concepts of problem-solving and object-oriented programming using a fundamentals-first approach. Beginning programmers learn critical problem-solving techniques then move on to grasp the key concepts of object-oriented, GUI programming, advanced GUI and Web programming using Java.
MyProgrammingLab for Introduction to Java Programming is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
To provide a better teaching and learning experience, for both instructors and students, this program offers:
- Personalized Learning: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Fundamentals-First Approach: Basic programming concepts are introduced on control statements, loops, functions, and arrays before object-oriented programming is discussed.
- Problem-Driven Motivation: The examples and exercises throughout the book emphasize problem solving and foster the concept of developing reusable components and using them to create practical projects.
- A Superior Pedagogical Design that Fosters Student Interest: Key concepts are reinforced with objectives lists, introduction and chapter overviews, easy-to-follow examples, chapter summaries, review questions, programming exercises, and interactive self-tests.
- The Most Extensive Instructor and Student Support Package Available: The author maintains a website at www.cs.armstrong.edu/liang/intro10e that includes multiple interactive resources.
Note: 0133813487 / 9780133813487 Intro to Java Programming, Brief Version -- MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card
Package consists of
- 0133592200 / 9780133592207 Intro to Java Programming, Brief Version
- 0133592685 / 9780133592689 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Intro to Java Programming, Brief Version
MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2 Elementary Programming
Chapter 3 Selections
Chapter 4 Mathematical Functions, Characters, and Strings
Chapter 5 Loops
Chapter 6 Methods
Chapter 7 Single-Dimensional Arrays
Chapter 8 Multidimensional Arrays
Chapter 9 Objects and Classes
Chapter 10 Object-Oriented Thinking
Chapter 11 Inheritance and Polymorphism
Chapter 12 Exception Handling and Text I/O
Chapter 13 Abstract Classes and Interfaces
Chapter 14 JavaFX Basics
Chapter 15 Event-Driven Programming and Animations
Chapter 16 JavaFX UI Controls and Multimedia
Chapter 17 Binary I/O
Chapter 18 Recursion
Appendix A Java Keywords
Appendix B The ASCII Character Set
Appendix C Operator Precedence Chart
Appendix D Java Modifiers
Appendix E Special Floating-Point Values
Appendix F Number Systems
Appendix G Bitwise Operations
Appendix H Regular Expressions
Appendix I Enumerated Types
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$24.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359227-6
$91.30 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359263-4
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359264-1
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$98.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-381347-0
$141.40 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359220-7
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$91.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359253-5