Written by developers who have been using the new language for the past year in their work, this book shows you how to start adapting the language now to realize its benefits on today’s browsers. Rather than being just an academic investigation, it concentrates on the practical—the problems HTML5 can solve for you right away. By following the book’s hands-on HTML5 code examples you’ll learn:
- new semantics and structures to help your site become richer and more accessible
- the uses of native multimedia for video and audio
- techniques for drawing lines, fills, gradients, images and text with canvas
- how to build more intelligent web forms
- implementation of new storage options and web databases
- how geolocation works with HTML5 in both web and mobile applications
Table of Contents
4. Video and Audio
8. Drag and Drop
10. Messages, Workers, and Sockets
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$27.99Add to Cart