Introduction to Audiology, Eleventh Edition, provides in-depth coverage of the physics of sound; the anatomy of the auditory system; the causes and treatment of hearing and balance disorders; and the relevant diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for these disorders. Now including a new chapter on clinical masking as well as new internet resources, this leading text continues to emphasize the proper evaluation of hearing disorders and the treatment avenues available for these disorders. The accompanying Interactive Companion Website features a variety of videos depicting clinical topics, a series of clinical case studies, multiple-choice questions with immediate feedback, interactive exercises for students to evaluate their comprehension of information, printable clinical forms, and much more. The new edition of this textbook also includes expanded sections on the management of auditory processing disorders, the role of the audiologist in vestibular management, and the role of the audiologist in the counseling process.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book
How to Use the CD-ROM
About the Authors
PART I ELEMENTS OF AUDIOLOGY
1. The Profession of Audiology
2. The Human Ear and Simple Tests of Hearing
3. Sound and Its Measurement
PART II HEARING ASSESSMENT
4. Pure-Tone Audiometry
5. Speech Audiometry
7. Physiological Tests of the Auditory System
8. Pediatric Audiology
PART III HEARING DISORDERS
9. The Outer Ear
10. The Middle Ear
11. The Inner Ear
12. The Auditory Nerve and Central Auditory Pathways
13. Erroneous Hearing Loss
PART IV MANAGEMENT OF HEARING LOSS
14. Amplification/Sensory Systems
15. Audiologic Treatment
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Introduction to Audiology, 11th Edition
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Introduction to Audiology, 12th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users