NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book
This comprehensive, well-organized introduction to hearing and balance disorders gives students a number of vital tools to help them better understand, retain, and analyze the material. Now available as an interactive eText with a number of accompanying advantages, Introduction to Audiology, 12/e by Martin and Clark continues to update the material to keep content current with recent research, while retaining and improving a user-friendly approach to the topics and an abundance of how-to information which shows the rewarding, fascinating aspects of a career in audiology. This new edition includes 20 video clips interspersed throughout, a variety of interactive test questions, expanded Evolving Case Studies, a list of frequently asked questions, and the use of color to enhance selected illustrations and photographs. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video to illustrate key concepts and pop-up assessments to help students assess their proficiency.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133783723 / 9780133783728 Introduction to Audiology with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 013348923X / 9780133489231 Introduction to Audiology, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0133491463 / 9780133491463 Introduction to Audiology
Table of Contents
Part I Elements of Audiology
Chapter 1 The Profession of Audiology
Chapter 2 The Human Ear and Simple Tests of Hearing
Chapter 3 Sound and Its Measurement
Part II Hearing Assessment
Chapter 4 Pure-Tone Audiometry
Chapter 5 Speech Audiometry
Chapter 6 Masking
Chapter 7 Physiological Tests of the Auditory System
Chapter 8 Pediatric Audiology
Part III Hearing Disorders
Chapter 9 The Outer Ear
Chapter 10 The Middle Ear
Chapter 11 The Inner Ear
Chapter 12 The Auditory Nerve and Central Auditory Pathways
Chapter 13 Nonorganic Hearing Loss
Part IV Management of Hearing Loss
Chapter 14 Amplification/Sensory Systems
Chapter 15 Audiological Treatment
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$73.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-347298-1
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$90.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-348923-1
$112.27 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-379671-1