Introduction to Automotive Service covers all eight areas of automotive service, plus the soft skills and tool knowledge that you must know when seeking entry-level employment. The text presents all systems together, making it easier for you to see how automotive systems are intertwined and connected. The text's 40 short chapters divide the content into individual topics to make it easier for you to learn and master the material. Offering a solid foundation in the basics, this text uniquely addresses simple inspection and service procedures without being overwhelming.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Automotive Background and Overview
Chapter 2: Careers in the Automotive Service Industry
Chapter 3: Starting a Career in the Automotive Industry
Chapter 4: Working as a Professional Service Technician
Chapter 5: Technician Certification
Chapter 6: Shop Safety
Chapter 7: Environmental and Hazardous
Chapter 8: Fasteners and Thread Repair
Chapter 9: Hand Tools
Chapter 10: Power Tools and Shop Equipment
Chapter 11: Measuring Systems and Tools
Chapter 12: Vehicle Service Information, Identification, and Routine Maintenance
Chapter 13: Vehicle Identification and Emission Ratings
Chapter 14: Gasoline Engine Operation
Chapter 15: Diesel Engine Operation
Chapter 16: Engine Lubrication and Cooling Systems
Chapter 17: Under Hood Inspection
Chapter 18: Vehicle Lifting and Hoisting
Chapter 19: Lube, Oil, and Filter Service
Chapter 20: Electrical Fundamentals
Chapter 21: Electrical Circuits
Chapter 22: Circuit Testers and Digital Meters
Chapter 23: Starting and Charging Systems
Chapter 24: Dash Warning Lights and Driver Information Systems
Chapter 25: Lighting System Inspection
Chapter 26: Safety Belts and Airbag Systems
Chapter 27: Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
Chapter 28: Gasoline and Alternative Fuels
Chapter 29: Computers and Sensors
Chapter 30: Ignition System
Chapter 31: Fuel Injection Systems
Chapter 32: Emission Control Devices
Chapter 33: Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Chapter 34: Scan Tools and Diagnostic Procedures
Chapter 35: Tires and Wheels
Chapter 36: Brakes and Antilock Braking Systems
Chapter 37: Suspension and Steering Systems
Chapter 38: Manual Transmissions/Transaxles
Chapter 39: Automatic Transmission/Transaxles
Chapter 40: Used Vehicle and Pre-Delivery Inspection
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$47.00 | Add to Cart
$48.60 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133114041
Includes this title packaged with:
- Study Guide for Introduction to Automotive Service
James D. Halderman, Darrell Deeter
$154.47 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users