For all introductory courses in Computer Numerical Control (CNC), including undergraduate courses of both one and two semesters, typically offered in freshman year, at community colleges, or at trade schools.
This is the industry’s most thorough, easy-to-follow, and well-illustrated introduction to the fundamentals of CNC technology and programming. Throughout, it relies on illustrations and interactive software to promote learning, not lengthy narratives. Coverage includes: programming linear profiles, programming with cutter diameter compensation, programming with subprograms, CNC lathe programming, and more. Interactive dynamic displays of machining examples are presented via an full industrial quality machining simulator included on an accompanying CD. Program patterns are provided with many programs, quickly explaining what groups of programming blocks are intended to accomplish. This edition contains an all-new chapter on wire EDM technology and programming, as well as new and updated reference appendices.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Computer Numerical Control Manufacturing
2. Modern Machine Tool Controls
3. Tooling for Hole and Milling Operations
4. Exploring Features of CNC Manufacturing Centers
5. Review of Basic Blueprint Reading for CNC Programmers
6. Mathematics for CNC Programming
7. An Overview of CNC Shop Activities
8. Word Address Programming
9. Programming Hole Operations
10. Programming Linear Profiles
11. Programming Circular Profiles
12. Programming with Cutter Diameter Compensation
13. Programming with Subprograms
14. Introduction to the CNC Lathe
15. Fundamental Concepts of CNC Lathe Programming
16. Techniques and Fixed Cycles for CNC Lathe Programming
17. Introduction to CNC Wire EDM
18. Modern Computer-Aided Part Programming
Appendix A: Important Safety Precautions
Appendix B: Summaries of Codes
Appendix C: Recommended Speeds and Feeds for Drilling, Milling, and Turning
Appendix D: Summary of Important Machining Formulas
Appendix E: Tables of Important GDT Symbols
Appendix F: Identification System for OD and ID Tools
Appendix G: Running the Mill Simulator
Appendix H: Writing and Verifying Mill Part Programs via Predator Simulation Software
Appendix I: Running the Lathe Simulator
Appendix J: Writing and Verifying Turn Part Programs via Predator Simulation Software
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Introduction to Computer Numerical Control, CourseSmart eTextbook, 5th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$57.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-335982-4