Note: The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads, such as CourseSmart.
For use in either general education or special education teacher preparation programs
For both traditional and nontraditional college students taking courses about inclusive educational practices
Students learn the key concepts of special education in an engaging, straightforward, comprehensive approach using two-page themes and supplemental links to videos and other resources.
At the forefront of a new generation of college texts—one that avoids expensive, lengthy textbooks and instead features more interactive multi-media approaches—this innovative book presents an introduction to the professional practices, trends, and research that define contemporary special education while also conveying the diversity and excitement of this changing field.
While retaining traditional textbook elements which have passed the test of time, this book also incorporates many major differences into this new text-concept. Each chapter organizes the content by major themes and then discussed each theme through the presentation of three to four key issues. The authors begin each key issue by highlighting two major points for that section, and then conclude each chapter with a concise summary of the information presented in the chapter and lists of resources for further study.
Available in print and digital formats, both supported by Web-based enhancements.
Table of Contents
- Thinking About Exceptionalities
- Supporting all Learners in General Education
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Learners
- Individual Program Plan and Special Services
- Speech and Language Impairments
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Physical and Health Disabilities
- Hard of Hearing and Deafness
- Low Vision and Blindness
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Very Low Incidence Disabilities: Multiple-Severe Disabilities, Deaf-Blindness, Traumatic Brain Injury
- Giftedness and Talents
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$40.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-325727-4