I. GENERAL FOUNDATIONS.
1. An Overview of the Criminal Justice Systems: Goals, Components, Operations and Issues.
2. System Costs, Criminal Law, Crime and Offense Characteristics.
3. Crime in America: Issues, Trends, Measurement and Victimization.
II. LAW ENFORCEMENT.
4. Local, State and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.
5. The Police Role and Operations.
6. Law Enforcement: Issues and Trends.
III. THE COURT.
7. The Development, Role and Structure of America's Courts.
8. Major Actors in the Courtroom.
9. Going to Trial: Pre-Trial and Post-Trial Process.
10. Courts: Issues and Trends.
11. Corrections: Historical Perspective.
12. America's Jail System.
13. Prison Systems and Programs.
14. Probation, Intermediate Sanctions and Parole.
15. Corrections: Issues and Trends.
V. JUVENILE JUSTICE.
16. The Juvenile Justice System. Epilogue: Social Change and Crime.