Introduction to Geography: People, Places, & Environment, Sixth Edition introduces the major tools, techniques, and methodological approaches of the discipline through new applied visual features that engage students and reinforce real-world connections.
The authors emphasize the integration of various aspects of geographic processes and systems by discussing what happens in one set of geographic processes and how that affects others. For example, what happens in economic systems affects environmental conditions; what happens to climate affects political dynamics. The Sixth Edition has been tightly integrated with MasteringGeography™, Pearson’s online homework, tutorial, and assessment product designed to improve results by helping students quickly master concepts.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; My_Lab/Mastering does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and My_Lab/Mastering search for ISBN-10: 0321843320 /ISBN-13: 9780321843326, Introduction to Geography: People, Places & Environment Plus MasteringGeography with eText -- Access Card Package. That package includes:
- 0321843339 / 9780321843333 Introduction to Geography: People, Places & Environment
- 0321935012 / 9780321935014 MasteringGeography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Introduction to Geography: People, Places & Environment
My_Lab/Mastering is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Geography
Part 1: Environment and Resources
3. Weather, Climate & Climate Change
5. Earth’s Resources and Environmental Protection
Part 2: Culture
6. Population and Migration
7. Cultural Geography
8. Languages and Religions
9. Food and Agriculture
Part 3: Development of Modern Society
10. Cities and Urbanization
11. A World of States
12. Economy and Development
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9781269923859
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringGeography ND for GEOG 1321 for Sam Houston State University -- ValuePack Access Card
Carl H. Dahlman
$193.40 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780133910933
Includes this title packaged with:
- Modified MasteringGeography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Introduction to Geography: People, Places & Environment, 6th Edition
Carl H. Dahlman, William H. Renwick
$201.40 | Add to Cart
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93944-9
$74.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94393-4
$45.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93539-7
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$78.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93510-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$131.53 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93499-4