This comprehenisve group practice text prepares students to work with either treatment or task oriented groups, this comprehensive revised edition offers the most up-to-date research available and continues to stress the importance of developing skills in group-work.
Students receive a thorough grounding in areas that vary from treatment to organizational and community settings. Numerous case studies, practice examples, and guiding principles add to the ease and readability of this popular text. Content is tied to CSWE's core competencies and practice behaviors that are necessary for generalist and specialized social work practice with groups.
Table of Contents
PART I: THE KNOWLEDGE BASE OF GROUP WORK PRACTICE
Chapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Historical Developments
Chapter 3: Understanding Group Dynamics
Chapter 4: Leadership
Chapter 5: Leadership and Diversity
PART II: THE PLANNING STAGE
Chapter 6: Planning the Group
PART III: THE BEGINNING STAGE
Chapter 7: The Group Begins
Chapter 8: Assessment
PART IV: THE MIDDLE STAGE
Chapter 9: Treatment Groups: Foundation Methods
Chapter 10: Treatment Groups: Specialized Methods
Chapter 11: Task Groups: Foundation Methods
Chapter 12: Task Groups: Specialized Methods
PART V: THE ENDING STAGE
Chapter 13: Ending the Group’s Work
Chapter 14: Evaluation
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
This item has been upgraded to Introduction to Group Work Practice, An, 8th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-82854-8
$44.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-82852-4
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89275-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$124.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-00414-0