Demonstrates the connection between psychological theory and application in the field of Industrial / Organizational Psychology.
Introduction to Industrial / Organizational Psychology is a student-centered, real-world driven program designed and written with the student in mind, giving examples and illustrations relevant to their world of work.
The second edition continues to be accessible to students while maintaining a comprehensive coverage of the classical and new topics. With more student-oriented features such as Pearson’s MySearchLab with eText, instructors will find this the most thoroughly referenced I/O psychology and student accessible text on the market!
Upon completing this book, readers will be able to:
- Connect psychological theory in the field of industrial/organizational psychology and apply the concepts to their everyday world of work
- Be familiar with “classic” theories and research along with the latest developments and innovations in the field
- Understand the overview of the world of work
Note: MySearchLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit: www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a ValuePack of the text + MySearchLab (at no additional cost).
Table of Contents
Part One Introduction
1. Introduction: Definitions and History 1
2. Research Methods in Industrial/Organizational Psychology 17
Part Two Personnel Issues
3. Job Analysis 53
4. Employee Recruitment, Selection, and Placement 77
5. Methods for Assessing and Selecting Employees 96
6. Evaluating Employee Performance 128
7. Employee Training and Development 156
Part Three Worker Issues
8. Motivation 188
9. Positive Employee Attitudes and Behaviors 216
10. Worker Stress, Negative Employee Attitudes and Behaviors 247
Part Four Work Group and Organizational Issues
11. Communication in the Workplace 279
12. Group Processes in Work Organizations 307
13. Leadership 340
14. Influence, Power, and Politics 372
15. Organizational Structure, Culture, and Development 401
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92504-9
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$75.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-92816-3