A fresh, contemporary, active introduction to information systems
Introduction to Information Systems provides invaluable help for learning the knowledge and skills related to information systems. In it, students see clearly what information systems are all about and why they are so fundamental to business and society.
MyMISLab for Introduction to Information Systems creates learning experiences that are truly personalized and continuously adaptive. MyMISLab reacts to how students are actually performing, offering data-driven guidance that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts—resulting in better performance in the course
Packed with revelations about business strategies, technology trends and innovations–plus tips to help students work smarter, and more efficiently— Introduction to Information Systems provides a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize learning through the interactive, online role-playing simulations in MyMISLabTM: Students get opportunities to apply their knowledge and actually experience what each chapter is about, rather than simply memorizing key terms and concepts.
- A focus on reaching all students, recognizing changing student roles, and showing clearly where the knowledge of information systems skills can take them.
- Helping students see beyond today’s classrooms and into today’s varied world.
- End-of-book comprehensive case studies show students the concepts in action.
Note: You are purchasing a standalone product; MyMISLab does not come packaged with this content. If you would like to purchase both the physical text and MyMISLAB search for ISBN-10: 0133807487 /ISBN-13: 9780133807486. That package includes ISBN-10: 0133571750/ISBN-13: 9780133571752 and ISBN-10: 0133753506/ISBN-13: 9780133753509.
MyMISLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Table of Contents
- Information Systems and People
- Information Systems and Strategy
- Information and Communications
- Technologies: The Enterprise Architecture
- Databases and Data Warehouses
- Information Systems for the Enterprise
- The Web, E-Commerce, and M-Commerce
- Business Intelligence and Decision Making
- Collaborating with Technology
- Knowledge Management and E-Learning
- Ethics, Privacy, and Security
- Systems Development and Procurement
- Project Management and Strategic Planning
Facebook and Instagram: Privacy Challenges
A Humanitarian Supply Chain for the Red Cross
Apple: Can the Company Pull Off Another Disruptive Innovation?
Managing the Federal Government’s IT Project Portfolio
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$81.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-386128-0
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358266-6
$40.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-401446-3
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-358036-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$95.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359703-5
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$158.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359987-9