This text is intended for a 1-semester CS1 course sequence. The Brief Version contains the first 18 chapters of the Comprehensive Version. The first 13 chapters are appropriate for preparing the AP Computer Science exam.
Daniel Liang teaches concepts of problem-solving and object-oriented programming using a fundamentals-first approach. Beginning programmers learn critical problem-solving techniques then move on to grasp the key concepts of object-oriented, GUI programming, advanced GUI and Web programming using Java.
MyProgrammingLab for Introduction to Java Programming is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
To provide a better teaching and learning experience, for both instructors and students, this program offers:
- Personalized Learning: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Fundamentals-First Approach: Basic programming concepts are introduced on control statements, loops, functions, and arrays before object-oriented programming is discussed.
- Problem-Driven Motivation: The examples and exercises throughout the book emphasize problem solving and foster the concept of developing reusable components and using them to create practical projects.
- A Superior Pedagogical Design that Fosters Student Interest: Key concepts are reinforced with objectives lists, introduction and chapter overviews, easy-to-follow examples, chapter summaries, review questions, programming exercises, and interactive self-tests.
- The Most Extensive Instructor and Student Support Package Available: The author maintains a website at www.cs.armstrong.edu/liang/intro10e that includes multiple interactive resources.
Table of Contents
Chapter 2 Elementary Programming
Chapter 3 Selections
Chapter 4 Mathematical Functions, Characters, and Strings
Chapter 5 Loops
Chapter 6 Methods
Chapter 7 Single-Dimensional Arrays
Chapter 8 Multidimensional Arrays
Chapter 9 Objects and Classes
Chapter 10 Object-Oriented Thinking
Chapter 11 Inheritance and Polymorphism
Chapter 12 Exception Handling and Text I/O
Chapter 13 Abstract Classes and Interfaces
Chapter 14 JavaFX Basics
Chapter 15 Event-Driven Programming and Animations
Chapter 16 JavaFX UI Controls and Multimedia
Chapter 17 Binary I/O
Chapter 18 Recursion
Appendix A Java Keywords
Appendix B The ASCII Character Set
Appendix C Operator Precedence Chart
Appendix D Java Modifiers
Appendix E Special Floating-Point Values
Appendix F Number Systems
Appendix G Bitwise Operations
Appendix H Regular Expressions
Appendix I Enumerated Types
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359264-1