For courses in Religion, Judaism and Ethics.
This text offers an overview of the Jewish ethical tradition as it has evolved from biblical times to the present. Provides an overview of the central beliefs of classical Judaism and the ways in which these frame traditional Jewish approaches to issues in ethics, both theoretical and practical.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Preparing for the Journey.
1. Religion, Ethics and Religious Ethics.
2. Judaism and Jewish Ethics.
3. Sources of Jewish Ethics.
4. Contours of Jewish Moral Life.
5. Foundations of Moral Obligation in Judaism.
6. Jewish Ethics in Modern Times.
7. Three Case Studies: Continuity and Diversity in Contemporary Jewish Ethics.
Conclusion: Learning the Language of Jewish Ethics.
Suggestions for Further Reading.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Introduction to Jewish Ethics, CourseSmart eTextbook, An
Format: Safari Book
$28.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-128852-2