A simple, straightforward approach to modeling and solution techniques.
Introduction to Management Science shows readers how to approach decision-making problems in a straightforward, logical way. Through the use of clear explanations and examples, this text helps readers learn how to solve problems and make decisions based on the results.
The eleventh edition reflects the latest version of Excel, and provides many new problems for instructors to assign.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Management Science
Chapter 2: Linear Programming: Model Formulation and Graphical Solution
Chapter 3: Linear Programming: Computer Solution and Sensitivity Analysis
Chapter 4: Linear Programming: Modeling Examples
Chapter 5: Integer Programming
Chapter 6: Transportation, Transshipment, and Assignment Problems
Chapter 7: Network Flow Models
Chapter 8: Project Management
Chapter 9: Multicriteria Decision Making
Chapter 10: Nonlinear Programming
Chapter 11: Probability and Statistics
Chapter 12: Decision Analysis
Chapter 13: Queuing Analysis
Chapter 14: Simulation
Chapter 15: Forecasting
Chapter 16: Inventory Management
Appendix A: Normal and Chi-Square Tables
Appendix B: Setting Up and Editing a Spreadsheet
Appendix C: The Poisson and Exponential Distributions
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Introduction to Management Science, 11th Edition
This item has been upgraded to Introduction to Management Science, 12th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$123.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-306137-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$205.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-275200-8