NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the Enhanced Pearson eText platform exists for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Enhanced Pearson eText, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
An engaging, comprehensive introduction to the children, choices, and challenges of teaching middle level education
Introduction to Middle Level Education is written in an engaging, first-person voice by an experienced middle level teacher. It examines the full range of topics relevant to this group of students, from student development and diversity to the structures of middle level education, curriculum instruction, ongoing assessment, advisory, service learning, the learning environment, and more. Photos, vignettes, and professional practice opportunities follow the stories of nine focus students and nine teachers, inviting readers into the world of today’s middle school classrooms.
The 4th Edition is a compelling look at the current issues and topics affecting young adolescents, their teachers, and their schools. It includes a new chapter on promoting citizenship and civility in the middle grades, and enhanced discussions of 21st century knowledge and skill requirements. Every chapter now includes letters from outstanding teachers that illustrate how they connect with their students and foster supportive learning environments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134863593 / 9780134863597 Introduction to Middle Level Education, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0134986725 / 9780134986722 Introduction to Middle Level Education, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0134986806 / 9780134986807 Introduction to Middle Level Education
Table of Contents
- Middle Level Education Philosophy and History
- Development of Middle Level Learners
- Diversity among Middle Level Learners
- Societal Context of Middle Level Education
- Structures of Middle Level Education
- Middle Level Curriculum
- Middle Level Instruction
- Assessment of Middle Level Learners
- Planning for Teaching and Learning
- Maintaining a Positive, Productive Learning Environment
- Citizenship and Civility in the Middle Grades
- Relationships and Realities of Middle Level Education
Add to Cart
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-498675-3
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-498662-3
Digital + Print
Add to Cart
$79.99 $63.99 |
Free Ground Shipping.
Add to Cart
$73.32 $58.66 |